What can be done about rats in my neighborhood?
Contact the Environmental Health Services Division at 972.874.6340, and an inspector will survey the area in question to see if there are any obvious conditions that may be conducive to rodent breeding and harborage (piles of trash, debris, tall grass, etc.). The Town cannot put out poisonous baits, poisons, traps, etc., due to the liability involved and the hazard that this would pose to children, pets, and other non-target animals. However, if any of the above conditions are observed, the inspector will issue a notice to the property owner to abate these conditions.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I call about immunizations for school kids?
2. Does the Town spray for mosquitoes?
3. What can I do about mosquitoes?
4. Should I be concerned about West Nile Virus?
5. What are the requirements for running a home-based daycare?
6. Where can I get a list of daycares in the Town?
7. What can be done about rats in my neighborhood?