News Flash

Front Page News Feed

Posted on: November 5, 2023

Residents Encouraged to Report Blocked Railroad Crossings

Train tracks pictures.

Did you know? In Flower Mound, there are three railroad crossings. Unfortunately, that means at times your commute may be disrupted by a train. While the majority of these disruptions only last for a few minutes while the train finishes crossing, a train stopped or stalled on the tracks can really ruin your drive. If you ever come across a blocked railroad crossing, you're encouraged to reach out to either Union Pacific or Kansas City Southern (KCS) and let them know. This could help get the crossing cleared faster, as well as contribute data which the rail companies can track to help improve their operations.

If you see the crossing at FM 1171 west of US 377 or the crossing at Canyon Falls Drive west of US 377 blocked, you can fill out an online form ( or call 1.800.848.8715 to let Union Pacific know. If you see the crossing at FM 407 east of Stone Hill Farm Road blocked, you can call 877.527.9464 to let KCS know.

Facebook Twitter Email