UPDATE (June 24, 1:30 p.m.): The Twin Coves Park boat ramp will reopen at 3 p.m. on June 24. The boat ramp has been closed since the beginning of June due to excessive rainfall and rising lake levels. Please note, the lake level is still higher than usual, so the kayak launch will remain closed at this time, and guests should exercise caution while using the boat ramp.
As a reminder, here is the status of park operations:
- Cabins 1-16, RV sites 17-22, and all primitive sites are available to reserve. Sewer hookups are temporarily unavailable at the RV sites, which will only have water and electric utilities until further notice.
- The kayak launch will remain closed until the lake level further recedes.
UPDATE (June 14, 3 p.m.): Twin Coves Park is reopening tomorrow, June 15, at 9 a.m., after a week-long closure due to rising lake levels. Please note the following status of park operations:
- Cabins 1-16, RV sites 17-22, and all primitive sites will be available June 15 for immediate reservations. Sewer hookups are temporarily unavailable at the RV sites, which will only have water and electric utilities until further notice.
- The boat ramp, kayak launch, and day use area will remain closed until the lake level further recedes.
- Park staff members are still in the process of contacting those whose reservations have been impacted by site closures.
UPDATE (June 7, 5 p.m.): Due to rising lake levels, Twin Coves Park will temporarily close at 6 p.m. today, June 7, until further notice. As such, the online reservation system has been suspended. Staff is in the process of contacting individuals with upcoming reservations that will be affected by this closure.
For reservation questions, please call 972.874.6399.
UPDATE (June 2, 10 a.m.): Twin Coves Park is open. However, due to recent rainfall and the current lake water level, the Twin Coves Park boat ramp and kayak launch are closed, along with some of the RV sites and cabin rentals. Here is the current status of park operations:
- RV sites 1-16 are closed. Individuals with existing reservations in the timeframe we expect to be affected by this flooding will be contacted.
- RV sites 17-18 are open with restrictions. Individuals with current reservations for sites 17 or 18 can keep them.
- RV sites 19-22 and the primitive tent camping sites are open.
- Due to the uncertainty of the lake level, we are not accepting ANY new RV reservations at this time.
- Cabins 1-16 are open and accepting reservations.
- Cabins 17-19 are closed. We are currently not accepting any new reservations for cabins 17-19, and individuals with existing reservations in the timeframe we expect to be affected by this flooding will be contacted.
Due to extensive rainfall, the Twin Coves Park Boat Ramp is closed until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for residents to be patient while the lake recedes to a level that allows safe access. Park staff will monitor conditions, and we’ll update this page when the ramp has reopened.