The purpose of the Special Event Permit application process is to protect the public by assisting our citizens in meeting minimum requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable gathering.
*A legible and complete application packet is required 15 business days prior to the date of the event.
*A late submittal fee of $100 per day may be issued for each day less than 15 business days.
Apply for a Special Event Permit
Questions about barricades or cones for your event?
- Contact Public Works at 972.874.6400 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Note: Events held entirely within the confines of private property are not eligible to receive town barricades/cones.)
What do I need to apply?
- Site Plan -The site plan needs to show all items being brought out for the event, including but not limited to banners, tables, tents, games, booths, food vendors, etc.
- Insurance - There must be a minimum of a million dollars in liability covering the event.
- Property Owner Permission- Letter from the Property Owner stating that your event has permission to be on their property.
Are there any fees for this permit?
- There is no fee for application submittal
- A late fee of $100 per day, or part of a day, shall be paid for applications submitted less than 15 business days prior to the event
- A review fee of $40 shall be paid for re-submittals or revised site-plans and is limited to one change per event.