Town of Flower Mound Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteering can be very rewarding. You will be able to work with public professionals who are committed to quality and excellence in delivery of all Town services. Volunteering allows the Town to utilize its citizens in a unique and challenging way. Our program’s goals are to:
- Encourage and provide an opportunity for citizen participation
- Improve the quality of life through expanded services, without additional taxation
- Enhance services by utilizing volunteers to supplement the efforts of Town staff
- Promote and assist citizen’s understanding of municipal government
- Provide mentorship for up and coming professionals and students
Here is a list of departments that may need volunteers:
- Library (for more information, please click here)
- Animal Services (for more information, please click here)
- Town Secretary's Office
- Park Services
There will be a variety of tasks available, some of which could be project-based, clerical, or special events.
People from all over the community are eligible. Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age. Volunteers can serve on a seasonal, on-going, one-time, short-term, as needed, or special events basis.
How To Submit A Volunteer Application
- If you are interested in volunteering, please submit an online application at www.flower-mound.com/jobs.
- You can apply online by clicking on the ‘Volunteer’ opportunity, and then clicking on the "Apply" link. If this is the first time you are applying using our online career application, you will need to create an account and select a Username and Password. After your account has been established, you can build an application by clicking on the " Build Job Application" link.
- Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted
- Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
- If you do not have access to a personal computer, a computer is available at the Flower Mound Public Library.
- Before you submit an application for a position, you will need to review your application carefully. Once you submit your application for a position, you will not be able to make any changes to the application. If you need to make any changes to your already submitted application or provide the Town of Flower Mound with additional information, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (972) 874-6011.
Girl Scout Gold Award Project Proposal and Eagle Scout Project Information
The Town of Flower Mound commends you for your accomplishments to date with Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts of America organization and wishes you the best of luck in your Girl Scout and Eagle Scout endeavor. If you wish to propose a service project to the Town of Flower Mound, here is the process:
- Brainstorm ideas that you think would benefit the Town. Be creative - this is your project!
- Submit a written plan to the Human Resources Division outlining your idea and steps you will take to accomplish it. Please be as detailed as possible.
- The appropriate department will review your idea, decide if it is a viable project for the Town, and communicate their decision to you.
- Good luck! Please call the Human Resources Division if you have any questions at 972.874.6011.