This program is intended to provide residents and/or groups with a means to help keep the Town of Flower Mound a wonderful place to live, work, and play for all.
About the Program
The Town of Flower Mound Adopt-A-Spot program encourages citizen participation in beautification projects and litter clean-ups of designated public areas at regular intervals. A spot could be a park, trail, road, creek, median, or Town entryway monument sign. Individuals, organizations, or businesses may agree to keep a designated spot cleared of litter and/or provide beautification for a period of one year. Spots may automatically renew unless the adoptee provides notification of termination or is deemed to not be fulfilling the program minimum requirements. The Town will create and install a sign bearing the name(s) of program participant(s) in their adopted area.
- A cleaner community
- A healthier and safer environment for residents and wildlife
- A sense of community service and community pride
- A better place to do business
- Recognition by the Town of Flower Mound
- Community service credits for youth groups and other organizations
You Can Participate By
- Litter control
- Tree plantings (prior approval by the Town required)
- Beautification/landscaping (prior approval by the Town required)
Everyone Can Participate (Children must have adult supervision)
- Youth groups
- Neighborhood homeowner associations
- Hiking and biking enthusiasts
- Schools and school clubs
- Non-profit groups
- Combinations of the above
- Adoption length is for a minimum one-year period.
- Adopt-A-Spot for litter control requires a minimum of six clean-ups.
- Adopt-A-Spot for beautification and landscaping requires that the area be maintained properly, and the plan approved by the Town prior to execution.
- Participants are required to report on their clean-up and/or beautification activities so that information may be used for various reports and analysis.