The jury trial process is as follows:
- Each defendant is assigned a team of defense / prosecution attorneys.
- The judge calls the case, the bailiff calls the jury, and the complaint is read in open court.
- The attorneys present opening statements to the jury.
- The defendant is sworn in and takes the witness stand.
The jury deliberation process is as follows:
- After all testimony is complete, attorneys present their closing statements.
- The jury is led to deliberation room by bailiff and they deliberate until they reach a unanimous agreement on a constructive sentence.
- The jury is led back into the courtroom and the foreperson reads the sentence before the court.
The defendant's responsibility is as follows:
- After sentencing, it is the defendant’s responsibility to complete the community service hours, jury duty, and any other required sentence.
- Upon completion, the offense is dismissed from the youth’s permanent record.
For More Information
if you have any questions, please contact Teen Court