1. Where is the Court Located?

The court is located in the Police and Court Facility, near the intersection of Cross Timbers and Kirkpatrick Lane at:

4150 Kirkpatrick Ln.
Flower Mound, TX 75028

2. What Are the Hours of Operation?

The Municipal Court is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In the event of inclement weather, the Municipal Court may open late or close early. Please call 972.874.3370 to verify working hours or check the Town's website.

3. What Holidays Does the Municipal Court Observe?

The Municipal Court observes the following holidays:

• New Year's Day

• Martin Luther King Jr. Day

• Good Friday (Friday before Easter)

• Memorial Day (last Monday in May )

• Independence Day

• Labor Day

• Thanksgiving Day

• Day after Thanksgiving

• Christmas Eve Day

• Christmas Day

A holiday that occurs on a Saturday will be taken on the Friday before the holiday. A holiday that occurs on a Sunday will be taken on the Monday after the holiday.

4. Can Anyone Take Care of My Ticket for Me?

State law will only allow a licensed attorney to act on the behalf of someone else.

5. How Much is My Ticket?

You may contact the Municipal Court offices by calling 972.874.3370 during normal business hours, excluding holidays, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Give your citation number or name and court personnel will be able to tell you the amount of your fine. Please allow three working days for the citation to be entered into our computer system before making an inquiry.

6. Do You Accept Checks?

Yes. Checks must be made out to the Town of Flower Mound Municipal Court. Two party checks are not acceptable. Return checks will result in a $25.00 fee being assessed and the case will be considered open. A warrant may be issued for your arrest until the fees have been paid in full.

7. What is Deferred Disposition?

Deferred disposition is up to six-months unsupervised probation. During the deferral period, you cannot receive another violation of the same nature. To qualify for deferred disposition, you cannot currently be on a deferred disposition program at this court or any other court. You cannot have completed a deferred disposition program in the last 12 months.

If you qualify, fill out an application for deferred disposition. You will be required to pay the applicable special expense fee and state costs at the time of the application.

If you would like to know what the total special expense fee and state costs will be prior to your coming into the office and completing an application, you may call 972.874.3370.

8. What is Suitable Courtroom Attire & Behavior?

Shorts, swimsuits, tank tops, muscle shirts, exposed midriffs, hats, and caps are not allowed. Shoes are required. All packages, purses, briefcases, etc. are subject to search by the bailiff at anytime. Individuals causing distraction or disruptions are subject to removal from the courtroom. No food or drinks are allowed in the courtroom.

9. May I Request a Continuance?

Your request for a continuance must be presented in writing prior to your scheduled court appearance. Your request must be requested in person, by mail, by fax, or through the court's webpage using the link Court Date / Rescheduled Request. Continuances will not be granted by telephone. All continuances require the judge's approval before being rescheduled.

10. How Can I Clear a Warrant?

If your citation is in warrant status, you may have the warrant cleared by one of the following:

• Paying the fine amount in the form of cash, money order, cashier check, MasterCard, Discover or Visa

• Posting an attorney bond

• Posting a cash bond