Barking Dogs

Barking dogsThe Town of Flower Mound requires that pet owners not allow a dog to cause a disturbance by excessive barking or noise-making near the private residence of another. Animal Services encourages neighbors to speak to or leave a note with an offending dog owner before requesting the Town’s assistance. Most often, a dog owner is unaware that their pet's behavior is offensive to others.

If the noise persists, an Animal Control Officer will attempt to contact the dog owner, inform them of the complaint, and provide them with a copy of the Town’s ordinance and possible solutions. To contact Animal Services regarding a barking dog, please call 972.874.6390. After hours, please call 972.539.0525.

Please note - All reports of ordinance violations are anonymous and the reporting person's information is not given out.