Trash / Recycling
Republic Services will provide trash collection and recycling services to Flower Mound residents and businesses beginning October 1, 2016. The town's five-year contract with Republic Services includes the services you are currently receiving as well as enhanced services. These services include:
- Free landfill access once per month with proof of residency up to 10 cubic yards at the Camelot Landfill
- Household hazardous waste and electronic waste collection from your home
- Weekly semi-automated waste collection
- Weekly single-stream, semi-automated recycling collection utilizing 96-gallon carts
- Weekly bulk/brush pickup up to 4 cubic yards
- Senior discount of $1.50 per month off your bill for residents 65 and older
The Collection Process
Semi-automated service ensures a collection specialist will follow each truck on foot to assist the automated service, minimizing spillage and missed trash. Here are some tips to ensure a smooth collection process:
If your trash or recycling cart is in need of repair or replacement, please contact the Town of Flower Mound Customer Relations Division at 972.539.7378 or complete the online request form. Please view the trash and recycling map to determine your designated collection day.
Trash Collection Rates
- Effective October 1, 2022
Trash and Recycling services are provided for $14.87 plus tax per month. Flower Mound offers a senior citizen rate (ages 65+) of $13.24 plus tax per month for trash and recycling services. Charges assessed for trash pick up are based on the use of one standard trash cart and one recycle cart. There is a charge of $8.57 plus tax for each additional trash cart and $1.28 plus tax for each additional recycling cart.
Holidays and Collection
If a holiday recognized by the Town of Flower Mound occurs during the work week, trash, recycling, and bulk collection schedules will be delayed one day, with collections being completed on Saturday (with the exception of Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday, Good Friday, July 5, or Christmas Eve). For more information regarding holiday closures, please contact our office or visit our holiday closings page.