Historical Commission Task Force
Agendas and Minutes
The Task Force shall consist of seven (7) members appointed by a majority vote of the Town Council in accordance with established procedures.
Jacquelyn Narrell, Place 1, Chair
Mark Glover, Place 2
Adam Shear, Place 3
Marsha Gavitt, Place 4
Cynthia Clark, Place 5
Kathy Blair, Place 6, Secretary
Terra Klarich, Place 7
Powers, Duties, and Procedures
- Conduct a needs assessment by identifying historical places, artifacts, people, and events of importance that shaped the history of Flower Mound.
- Hold at least two public input sessions for the purpose of gauging community interest and gathering public feedback on the topic of historical preservation.
- Identify and understand the structure and differences between a Town appointed Historical Commission versus a stand-alone 501(C)(3) Historical Society.
- Assess whether the Town would be best served by having a Historical Commission or a stand-alone 501(C)(3) Historical Society, or a completely different approach.
- Prepare and submit a recommendation to the Town Council on or before October 1, 2024, regarding any Task Force approved approaches or methods for preserving the Town’s history, including possible duties and responsibilities, or possible budget allocations.
- The Chair shall present recommendations as decided by the Task Force to the Town Council for consideration, with an in person update on or before October 2023.
- The Task Force shall determine its own rules of procedure.
CLICK HERE for more information about this task force.
The Town Secretary shall serve as the staff point of contact for the purpose of posting meeting agendas and minutes, as well as making room reservations at Town facilities.