Upon recommendation from the Texas Office of Court Administration, the Flower Mound Municipal Court will now offer an eCourt virtual docket, which allows defendants to handle their cases utilizing the Zoom software.
Virtual Courtrooms are the same as Actual Courtrooms. All the same rules and procedures apply. Failure to follow the guidelines will prompt the Court Bailiff to remove you from the virtual courtroom.
Expectations at Your eCourt Appearance
- Set aside at least 30-45 minutes of your time for the hearing.
- Upon arrival, you will be placed in a virtual waiting room. A court staff member will provide you access to the virtual Courtroom once they are ready to check you in. You must use your legal name, or you may not be admitted.
- Be patient with unexpected technical difficulties or inactivity during the hearing as the court staff works through the new challenges of a virtual court docket.
To join our eCourt session at your scheduled date and time, please click here.
Technical Requirements to Appear via eCourt Virtual Hearings
- Device – A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc). If using your cell phone, you must install the Zoom app on your wireless device.
- Internet – A fast and stable internet connection
- Web Camera – A webcam attached to your PC or a built in camera on your device that will allow the Judge to see you during the video conference
- Microphone/Speakers – Your device must have a microphone connected or built-in that will allow you to talk to the Judge. Your device must also have speakers attached or built-in that will allow you to hear what the Judge is saying to you.
Rules of Conduct and Decorum
- Proper clothing strictly enforced. Inappropriate attire will not be permitted. Dress code is the same as if you were appearing in-person in the courtroom.
- Avoid background noise and other distractions. Make sure your environment is most favorable to attend court by video. Turn off and put away other devices (T.V., radio, etc.) so you can give your full attention to the proceedings.
- Do NOT record these proceedings.
- Proper respect for the Court process shall always be adhered to.
If you would like to view our virtual courtroom while court is in session, you may visit our YouTube channel by clicking here. Please note this is only to observe. If you are scheduled for a hearing, please join our eCourt session above.