COVID-19/Construction Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Library’s hours?
The Library’s current business hours are Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Due to both COVID-19 and our renovation project, the Library currently has reduced hours, and some limits on available services. Please be aware that building occupancy is limited, and social distancing recommendations are being enforced. Therefore, it is recommended that families do NOT plan to use the Library for after-school study groups, or as a meeting place for student pick-up. Occupancy may be restricted during busy periods.
For more information, visit the Town’s COVID-19 webpage.
What Library services are currently available?
- Browsing for and checking out of materials.
- A limited number of computers, for a limit of two hours per day.
- Limited seating, to promote social distancing.
What Library services are currently unavailable?
- Study rooms are not available, to promote social distancing.
- Tutoring is not permitted.
Where can I return items?
The drive-thru book return is OPEN 24/7.
Can I pick up materials without coming into the building?
Holds and other call ahead items can be picked up at the drive-thru window. Call 972-874-6200 at least 30 minutes before arriving.
Drive-thru window hours are:
- Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
How can I get a Library card online?
- Fill out our online Library card application to begin the registration process.
- This temporary registration will expire in 30 days.
- Your account WILL NOT be completely activated until you come to the Library in person with photo identification and proof of a Denton County address.
- Individuals under the age of 17 MUST have a parent or legal guardian with them when picking up a card.
Will the Library still be having weekly and monthly programs and special events?
All live programs are canceled until further notice. Storytimes are on break during the months of May and August. Beginning in September, all Storytimes are offered via Zoom. Please e-mail Ms. Heather in order to receive instructions on how to join.
Can I come in to do my volunteer shift?
A decision on when volunteer shifts will resume is pending.
Can I donate used books? When is the next Used Book Sale?
The Library is UNABLE to accept used book donations until construction is complete.
The Friends of the Library August Used Book Sale has been cancelled. The next sale is tentatively scheduled for October 16-18.