COVID-19/Construction Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Library’s hours?
The Library’s current business hours are Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The Library will be CLOSED for 10 days beginning FRIDAY, JUNE 26 through SUNDAY, JULY 5 to facilitate construction. During this closure:
- Virtual Storytimes and other online programs WILL NOT be held.
- Materials can be returned 24/7 in the drive-through book drop on the east side of the building.
- Hold pick up WILL NOT be available.
- The pickup “clock” for holds will be suspended. Due dates will be extended until after the Library reopens.
The Library will REOPEN on MONDAY, JULY 6. After July 6:
- Parking will be on the north side of the parking lot.
- The building can be entered using the NEW north lobby entrance.
- Business hours will be:
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
For more information, visit the Town’s COVID-19 webpage.
What Library services are currently available?
- Browsing for and checking out of materials.
- A limited number of computers, for a limit of two hours per day.
- Limited seating, to promote social distancing.
What Library services are currently unavailable?
- Study rooms will not be available, to promote social distancing.
- Tutoring will not be permitted.
Where can I return items?
The drive-thru book return is OPEN 24/7.
Can I pick up materials without coming into the building?
Beginning Monday, July 6, holds and other call ahead items can be picked up at the drive-thru window. Call 972-874-6200 at least 30 minutes before arriving.
Drive-thru window hours are:
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
How can I get a Library card online?
- Fill out our online Library card application to begin the registration process.
- This temporary registration will expire in 30 days.
- Your account WILL NOT be completely activated until you come to the Library in person with photo identification and proof of a Denton County address.
- Individuals under the age of 17 MUST have a parent or legal guardian with them when picking up a card.
Will the Library still be having weekly and monthly programs and special events?
All live programs are canceled until further notice. Storytimes are on break during the months of May and August. During June and July, they will be offered via Zoom. Please e-mail Ms. Heather in order to receive instructions on how to join.
Summer Reading Challenge will be held starting June 1, using the Wandoo Reader online tracker, as in prior years. If you already have an account from last summer, you simply need to login. New accounts can pre-register starting Monday, May 18. If you need assistance, please contact the Library. There will be no special summer events at the Library. “Grab and Go” activities will be available – check back for details, coming soon.
Can I come in to do my volunteer shift?
A decision on when volunteer shifts will resume is pending.
Can I donate used books? When is the next Used Book Sale?
The Library is UNABLE to accept used book donations until construction is complete.
The Friends of the Library August Used Book Sale has been cancelled. The next sale is tentatively scheduled for October 16-18