Hometown Heroes Program
The Town of Flower Mound began the Hometown Heroes program in 2012, to honor our community’s men and women who served or are currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. Those who wish to participate and meet the qualifications can have a banner created with their loved one’s name and photo on it to be displayed in Flower Mound. To find out more, visit the Hometown Heroes webpage.
Memorial Day Event
The Town of Flower Mound invites the community to join together to remember fallen soldiers of war. The Memorial Day ceremony takes place at the Flower Mound Senior Center, 2701 W Windsor Dr., and features keynote speakers from the military and local leaders, Color Guard, and patriotic music. The Town asks residents to submit a picture and bio of a fallen hero which will be added to a special Wall of Honor and recognized during the event.
Veterans Day Ceremony
Veterans Day Relay Run
Flower Mound residents are invited to cheer on the participants in the Flower Mound Veterans Day Relay on Friday, Nov. 10. Throughout the day, participants commemorate our nation's veterans and their service by carrying the American flag on a pre-determined route around Town. The route takes runners by each Lewisville ISD school in Flower Mound, to provide an opportunity for students to encourage the runners. The Veterans Day Relay Run ends with a post-event celebration at the Community Activity Center, and is open to the public. To view the route, please click here.
- Denton County Veterans Coalition
- Denton County Veterans Treatment Court Program
- SPAN Transit Free Rides to VA Hospitals for Veterans
- Texas Veterans Commission
- Veterans Affairs Military Crisis Line
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Suicide Prevention Assistance
- Affordable Colleges Online Veteran's Guide to College Success
- Accredited Online Schools - College Aid Financial Assistance for Veterans
- Veterans and Family Member Resources
- Veterans Point Facebook Page
- Flower Mound Veterans Community Facebook Page
- Flower Mound Veterans & Families Facebook Group
Town of Flower Mound Veterans Liaison
Si Simonson, Board Member, Place 2