Effective September 1, 2019, new state law permits any food establishment to allow pets on the patio with minimal regulation. The Town of Flower Mound will no longer be issuing permits or have any additional requirements above what state law requires.
The requirements are as follows:
- The establishment must post a sign stating dogs are allowed on the patio.
- The customer and the dog must enter the patio through an exterior gate.
- The dog does not enter the interior of the establishment
- The customer does not allow the dog on a seat, table, counter-top, or similar surface and;
- The establishment does not prepare food or permit open food other than that which is being served to a customer.
These rules do not apply to an ADA recognized service animal. An emotional assistance animal is not an ADA recognized service animal.