Cultural Arts Commission
- Meets the fourth Thursday of January, March, May, July, September, and October.
Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
Agendas and packets are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are also available following approval.
View Most Recent | View Agenda Center
The Flower Mound Cultural Arts Commission is a six-member entity with two alternates appointed by the Town Council and designated as places number one through eight. Members serve for a term of two years. Places one, three, five and seven are appointed to two-year terms ending on September 30 of odd-numbered years. Places two, four, six and eight are appointed to two-year terms ending on September 30 of even-numbered years.
Place 1: Ron Miller, Chair
Place 2: Elizabeth Brannon, Vice-Chair
Place 3: Beth Dilley
Place 4: Tammie Turner
Place 5: Jonathan Stricklan
Place 6: Matt Brown
Place 7: Brenda Gribbin
Place 8: Thomas Williams
The Commission meets the fourth Thursday of January, March, May, July, September, and October. Members are charged with advising the Town Council and Town staff on policies, services and programs related to cultural arts programs, art in public places, and library services.
The Flower Mound Cultural Arts Commission is a six member commission with two alternates, appointed by the Town Council, that makes recommendations to the Town Council and Town staff in policy matters regarding arts and library goals, objectives and programs. Our mission is to promote a community brought together and enriched though the cultural arts and a vibrant library program. The primary objectives of the Commission are to:
- promote cultural activities emphasizing music, art, literature, drama and dance by and for the citizens of Flower Mound to enhance the overall quality of life of the community.
- promote culturally rewarding artistic experiences that members of the community find enjoyable.
- advise the Town Council and staff regarding policies, services, and programs including: cultural arts, art in public places, library services, and recorded history of Flower Mound.
- assist the staff and Town Council in the planning process for arts and library facilities and programs.
Email ArtsCommission@flower-mound.com to provide comments to Commission members about current or future agenda related items. Commission members are unable to reply to your message(s) due to Open Meetings regulations. In addition, correspondence received 2 hours prior to the meeting start time may not be read as Commission members are preparing for the meeting. Please note your correspondence is considered public information, however, your email, or other information deemed confidential by law, would not be disclosed. For additional information or questions, contact Town staff at 972.874.6151 or Sue.Ridnour@flower-mound.com.