Cultural Arts Commission
- Meets the fourth Thursday of January, March, May, July, September, and October.
- 6:30 p.m.
Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
Agendas are posted online, and on the town hall notice board, at least 72 hrs prior to the meeting. Should an agenda packet be prepared this will also be available online, along with any draft or approved minutes.
View Most Recent | View Agenda Center
- Place 1 - Ron Miller (Chair)
- Place 2 - Elizabeth Brannon (Vice-Chair)
- Place 3 - Beth Dilley
- Place 4 - Tammie Turner
- Place 5 - Jonathan Stricklan
- Place 6 - Brenda Gribbin
- Place 7, Alternate - Thomas Bailey
- Place 8, Alternate - Radha Sathe
OverviewThe Cultural Arts Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the Town Council and town staff on policies, services, and programs related to cultural arts programs, art in public places, and library services.
Powers and Duties
- Meetings of the Cultural Arts Commission will be held as needed to accomplish the goals of the commission.
- The Cultural Arts Commission will advise the Town Council and Town staff regarding policies, services and programs, including but not limited to, cultural arts programs, art in public places, library programs, and library collection development and fines.
- The Cultural Arts Commission will review and make a final determination of any request for reconsideration for the removal of library materials.
- The Cultural Arts Commission will guide the vision for public art in the Town of Flower Mound, maintain a roster of artists, solicit and recommend to the Town Council art for both permanent and temporary displays in the Town of Flower Mound.
- The Cultural Arts Commission will be responsible for identifying and securing funding for the purchase of art work or for the installation of donated art work.
- The Cultural Arts Commission will have those other responsibilities as outlined in the Public Arts Policy or as assigned by the Town Council.
- The recording of minutes of all commission meetings shall be the responsibility of the town staff.
Please note your correspondence is considered public information, however, your email, or other information deemed confidential by law, would not be disclosed.
For additional information or questions, contact Sue Ridnour, Director of Library Services, 972.874.6151.