Oil and Gas Board of Appeals
- Third Wednesday of the month, as needed
- 6:30 p.m.
Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
Agendas are posted online, and on the town hall notice board, at least 72 hrs prior to the meeting. Should an agenda packet be prepared this will also be available online, along with any draft or approved minutes.
View Agenda Center
Place 1 - Gregory Schultz (Chair)
Place 2 - Ryan Geddie
Place 3 - Denis Toth (Vice Chair)
Place 4 - Sky Jay Schoggins
Place 5 - Greg Wilson
Place 6, Alternate - Charles Freeny
Place 7, Alternate - Troy Bishop
Place 8, Alternate - Thomas Stevenson
*Above members also serve as part of the Board of Adjustment
OverviewThe Oil and Gas Board of Appeals are appointed by a majority vote of the Town Council and perform the following duties:
- Hears and decides appeals of orders, decisions, or determinations made by the oil and gas inspector.
- Hears and decides variance requests to Chapter 34 Oil and Natural Gas Drilling Ordinance.
- Hears and determines appeals where it is alleged there is error or abuse of discretion regarding the issuance of an oil, gas, or combined well permit or the revocation or suspension of any permit issued.
- Decisions by the board may be presented by the applicant to a court of record for an alternate decision.
View the blank request for variance or appeal for information.
Submittal deadline dates can be viewed here.
Click on this email BOA@flower-mound.com to provide comments to board members about current or future agenda related items. Board members are unable to reply to your message(s) due to Open Meetings regulations. In addition, correspondence received two hours prior to the meeting start time may not be read as board members are preparing for the meeting.
Please note your correspondence is considered public information, however, your email, or other information deemed confidential by law, would not be disclosed.
For additional information or questions, contact town staff at 972.874.6340 or EnvironmentalServices@flower-mound.com.
Helena Lynch, Administrative Assistant
Matthew Woods, Director of Environmental Services