- Special Events
- Independence Fest
- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is NOT Allowed into the Festival?
Save yourself a trip back to your vehicle and leave these items behind:
- NO POP-UP TENTS or umbrellas over 5' in diameter.
- NO ANIMALS, with the exception of service animals
- No outdoor grills.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be allowed in or out of the festival grounds, but will be sold on site.
- No weapons of any kind (firearms, knives, etc.)
- No fireworks of any kind.
- No glass containers.
- No illegal narcotics or contraband.
- No skateboards, bicycles, Segways or scooters.
- This is a non-smoking event, per Town of Flower Mound Ordinance No. 71-08.
What Can I Bring into the Festival?
- Coolers (no alcohol), chairs-in-a-bag, blankets and strollers.
- Cameras and binoculars.
- Depending on the weather forecast, it may be a good idea to bring sunscreen, insect repellent, and small shade umbrellas less than 5' in diameter.
Where is the Festival Located?
Independence Fest is held at Bakersfield Park, 1201 Duncan Lane, Flower Mound, TX.
Where Can I Catch a Free Shuttle?
For the evening program, a free parking and shuttle service is provided at specific locations. We recommend individuals requiring accessibility parking, or those with strollers, to use the Blue Panther parking lot at Shadow Ridge/Bluebonnet schools. Please note there will be no onsite parking at the event.
What Time Does Everything Start?
Independence Fest gates open at 5 p.m.
- Shuttle services begin at 4:45 p.m.
- Trio Loco begin playing at 5 p.m.
- Le Freak begin playing at 6:15 p.m.
- National Anthem and posting of colors begins at 8 p.m.
- Eli Young Band start at approximately 8:15 p.m.
- Fireworks begin at approximately 9:45 p.m.
- Shuttles will continue for as long as necessary to get everyone back to their vehicles!
How Much Does it Cost to Get In?
All activities and events are FREE. There will be food trucks, local vendors, and bars on site selling alcohol for additional fees.
What if it Rains?
We are expecting perfect (but hot) weather for the event! However, in the case of severe weather during festival hours, announcements will be made with specific instructions for evacuation. The fireworks celebration would be postponed until July 5.
Where Can I Get More Information?
Before the day of the event, please call 972.874.6300. For more information during the event, or for lost and found items, head to the volunteer tent to the left of the main stage.