4,000 – 2,500 B.C.
Archaeological surveys completed by the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers indicate that humans inhabited Denton County around this time.
European settlement of North Texas begins with the Peter’s Colony Land Grant.
Denton County is formed.
Flower Mound Presbyterian Church was founded by the Reverend Matthew B. Donald.
The Chisholm Trail crosses through Flower Mound along the I-35W corridor. Over six million cattle were herded out of the state during the 20-year period following the Civil War.
The Donald Academy was founded. It was in operation from 1877 through 1942. The school catered for first through tenth grades. It was the largest rural school in Denton County.
Yoakley’s Store was established. The business provided locals with a cotton gin, blacksmith shop and post office. The store survived until the Great Depression in the 1930s.
A new school is formed, the New Donald School, on the west side of State Highway 2499, approximately 3/4 miles north of the "Flower Mound."
Construction on Grapevine Lake begins. The lake was competed in 1953 and has become a major recreational area in the community.
The Town of Flower Mound incorporated to avoid being annexed by the City of Irving. Bob Rheudasil became the first mayor of the Town and served until 1968.
Flower Mound’s oldest service organization, The Summit Club, is formed.
Women of Flower Mound is formed.
First school in the Lewisville Independent School District opens in Flower Mound. Timber Creek Elementary is open to kindergarten through fifth-grade students.
Marcus High School opens, and is the first high school in Flower Mound
The Flower Mound Public Library opens.
Town unveils its cable access channel, FMTV.
- An organization of Flower Mound teenagers between the ages of 14-19 who are geared toward making a difference is formed and named Flower Mound Youth Action Council.
- Flower Mound residents donate 8-foot granite memorial to New Providence, NJ, in honor those lost in the 9/11 terrorist attacks from that community.
Bakersfield Park groundbreaking.
Community Activity Center groundbreaking.
Parks Arts and Library Services board (now known as the Parks Board) was created.
- The Community Activity Center opens
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower Mound groundbreaking
- Town launches "It's Your Call," a dedicated telephone line (972.539.SERV) for residents to report various Town related issues and/or request information. The calls are logged, tracked, and resolved.
Construction starts on Fire Stations No. 4 and No. 5.
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower Mound opens.
- Fire Stations No. 4 and No. 5 open.
- Library celebrates 25th anniversary.
- Town of Flower Mound turns 50 years old.
- North Central Texas College opens campus in Parker Square.
- Shirley Voirin Social Senior Center opens at the corner of Cross Timbers and Morriss Roads.
- Fort Wildflower, the Town’s first community-built playground, is constructed within Heritage Park.
- Flyover bridge portion of Phase I of the Morriss/Gerault Improvements Project at Gerault and FM 2499 is completed.
- Groundbreaking ceremonies occur for River Walk at Central Park, Canyon Falls, and Lakeside DFW developments.
- The Hometown Heroes program established.
- New water tower on Freeman Road completed.
- Senior Center groundbreaking at corner of West Windsor Drive and Long Prairie Road.
- FMPD launched its bike patrol program.
- Hound Mound Dog Park groundbreaking.
- Senior Center grand opening at the corner of West Windsor Drive and Long Prairie Road.
- Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Flower Mound groundbreaking.
- FMFD gets upgrades with a specialized water craft and multi-patient vehicle.
- Gibson Grant Cabin discovery.
- Hound Mound Dog Park opens.
- Midwestern State University breaks ground on new campus in Parker Square.
- Construction begins on Fire Station No. 6 at 6566 Stonecrest Rd.
- Accelerant Detection Canine Ziva joins FMFD.
- DFW Connector Project completed.
- Town creates Citizen's Academy program.
- Twin Coves Park and Campground opens after major park renovations.
- Denton County Southwest Courthouse opens near Canyon Falls.
- Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Flower Mound opens its doors and becomes first hotel in Flower Mound.
- Grand opening of Heritage Park Phase III.
- New Town Hall opens.
- Heritage Park Phase IV is completed.
- K-9 Ares joins the Police Department.
- Flower Mound Public Library expansion and renovation project is completed.
- Construction begins on Lakeside Village.
- Town of Flower Mound turns 60 years old.
- Fire Station No. 7 (2777 Skillern Rd.) opens.
- Construction begins on Canyon Falls Park.
- The Gibson-Grant Log House opens.