Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
- Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age
- Court-mandated community service is not offered at the Library
- The Town of Flower Mound requires a background check on all volunteers
The VolunTEEN application period ended on October 31. The Library will begin accepting applications again on February 1.
OpportunitiesTeens have three different opportunities to volunteer at the Library. Applicants may choose one or all of these opportunities.
- Shelving Volunteer: Volunteers are responsible for shelving books in an assigned area. Volunteers must attend and orientation and provide the days and times that they are available. Shelving volunteers may not work more than two hours per week.
- Youth Services Volunteer: Volunteers in this position have a range of duties, including, but not limited to, cutting paper or other craft preparation, assisting librarians and/or participants during children's programs, and providing assistance before and after programs with setup and take-down. Single and recurring opportunities are available.
- Summer Reading Club Volunteer: Volunteers have some of the duties of the Youth Services Volunteer, as well as working with children and families at the Summer Reading Club desk to provide information and hand out prizes and tickets for performances. This is a temporary position for June and July only.
If you have any questions, please contact the Youth Services Desk at 972-874-6167.
Volunteering at the library offers citizens the opportunity to utilize current skills, develop new skills, meet their neighbors and give back to their community. Working under the supervision of the library staff, volunteers provide valuable support and assistance. Volunteer opportunities may include:
- Shelving books and media
- Cleaning CD books
- Straightening library shelves
- Assisting Library staff with special projects
Interested in volunteering? Fill out the volunteer application form and return it to the Information Desk. All Volunteers will have a background check performed by our HR department.
Please contact the Adult Volunteer Coordinator at 972-874-6164 if you have any further questions. We are looking forward to working with you.