Hometown Heroes Program
The Town of Flower Mound began the Hometown Heroes program in 2012, to honor our community’s men and women who served or are currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. Those who wish to participate and meet the qualifications can have a banner created with their loved one’s name and photo on it to be displayed in Flower Mound. To find out more, visit the Hometown Heroes webpage.
Memorial Day Event
The Town of Flower Mound invites the community to join together and remember our fallen soldiers of war on Memorial Day at Town Hall, 2121 Cross Timbers Rd. In 2016, the ceremony featured keynote speakers from the military and local leaders, Color Guard presentations, patriotic music, bagpipers, and a wreath presentation. The Town invited residents to submit a picture and bio of a fallen hero to be added to the special Wall of Honor at the event, and recognized during the event.
Veterans Day Ceremony
The Town of Flower Mound honors local veterans in a special Veterans Day ceremony and family picnic on the Sunday prior to Veterans Day at Flower Mound High School’s football stadium. There is a picnic, which takes place from 1 to 2 p.m., which includes free hot dogs, cake, and lemonade. The ceremony begins at 2 p.m., and includes a Veterans Review, where approximately 200 local Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts and ROTC units parade before the veterans in uniform.
Veterans Day Relay Run
On Veterans Day, Flower Mound residents are invited to cheer on the participants in the Flower Mound Veterans Day Relay on Veterans Day, November 11. Throughout the day, participants commemorate our nation's veterans and their service by carrying the American flag on a pre-determined route around Town. The route takes runners by each Lewisville ISD school in Flower Mound, to provide an opportunity for students to encourage the runners. The Veterans Day Relay Run ends with a post-event celebration at the Community Activity Center, and is open to the public.
Flower Mound First Responders to Participate in Wheelchair Basketball Competitions
- Flower Mound-based Heritage Health Solutions is sponsoring two Battle of the Boards wheelchair basketball competitions between first responders and military veterans. The first game is Tuesday, April 4 from 6 to 8 p.m. at TWU’s Pioneer Hall, 304 Administration Drive in Denton. Flower Mound first responders will participate in the second game on Friday, June 16, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Flower Mound YMCA, 2021 Cross Timbers Rd. The games are open to the public to attend and parking will be free. For questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Denton County Veterans Coalition
- Denton County Veterans Treatment Court Program
- Flower Mound Area Veterans Monthly Fellowship and Social Facebook page
- Texas Veterans Commission
Town of Flower Mound Veterans Liaison